Romarin Internacional, S.A. (Panamá, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua), Romarin Internacional, SAC (Perú), Romarin Internacional, SAS (Colombia), Romarin Internacional S.A. de C.V. (El Salvador), Romarin Internacional, SRL (República Dominicana), Romarin Internacional, S de RL de CV (Honduras), Romarin International, LLC (USA), from now on “Romarin”, is committed to offering the best possible service to its customers and to guarding the privacy of the data and information provided by customers through the use of the present website. Romarin warrants to take all appropriate measures to ensure that such information will be used only for the purpose of providing superior service to its customers through a better understanding of customers’ interests and needs.
None of the information referenced above will be sold or shared by Romarin unless required by a competent authority, however such information will be used by Romarin and its affiliates in order to communicate with customers.
It is important to note that all information related to credit card purchases obtained by Romarin through the use of the present website shall only be used by Romarin to complete the specific purchase for which the information was provided.
Information we collect
We may acquire information about you from a variety of sources, including information we obtain from you directly as well as information we collect when you visit our site, use our services or contact us.
We acquire information directly from you in the following situations:
- By using gruporomarin.com, some information may be automatically collected by our web servers as you browse our website. For example, our web server automatically collects information known as “clickstream data,” such as the domain name of the site providing you with Internet access, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, operating system and platform, the average time spent on our site, pages viewed, information searched for, access times and other relevant statistics.
How we use this information
We may use the information we collect about you to provide the services you request and to manage our site and records, as well as to help us improve these services.
So that we can keep you informed of important administrative or service messages, we may need to use the information you have provided to contact you, even when you have told us you do not wish to receive direct marketing. We ask that you keep your information as up-to-date as possible so that you may receive the maximum benefit from gruporomarin.com.
The following are examples of how we may use your information:
- To help us respond to any post-purchase queries.
- To help us develop technology to better serve you in the future.
In addition, if you provide us with sensitive personal Information, you thereby give your explicit consent for Romarin to collect, process, disclose or transfer such sensitive personal information, and to store it so that we can fulfill your requirements.
Your sensitive personal information will not be sold or disclosed to any third parties, except to the extent that Romarin may be required to do so by any law, regulation, enactment, safety reason, or in order to fulfill the obligations of this mutual contract.
E-mail is used to provide important information to our customers. Customers always have the power to decide whether to receive promotional information or not.
We would like to be able to share information with you about other products and services, special offers, exclusive fares and other news so that you can take advantage of the best we can offer. Of course, we will only use your information in this manner once you have given us permission to do so.
- Where you have given us your consent, Romarin would like to keep in touch with you by mail, phone and electronic mail with account updates, news, special offers and promotions.
- Where you have given us your consent, other Romarin companies and our partners may also choose to get in touch by mail, phone and electronic mail regarding products and services which they think will interest you.
- We may disclose your information to third parties, such as data processing companies, who may provide marketing services on our behalf. You will not be contacted directly by third parties as a result of giving us your details.
- We will use the most recent consent you have given us, or the most specific consent, subject to the time it takes us to reflect these changes in our systems and/or processes.
- We will try to ensure that customers do not receive duplicate communications, even if you have given your consent to marketing to more than one Romarin company.
- You may opt-out of direct marketing by us at any time by contacting us. You may also opt-out of any direct marketing by any other Romarin company by contacting them directly.
The information about you that we possess will not be given to any third party, except to the extent that we may be required to do so by any law or for the fulfillment of this contract between us, or in the event that we are sold to another company.
We disclose information to
Third party/service providers
We may occasionally use third party companies to manage the collation, processing and storage of your personal information and sensitive personal information on our behalf. These companies are carefully selected and screened to ensure maximum protection of your security and privacy and are permitted to use the Information solely in accordance with our instructions.
Your information security
Romarin is committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration, and to ensure that it is only accessible by those who have a business need.
While Romarin reasonably attempts to safeguard your personal information and to prevent any unauthorized access, we are not responsible for the acts of individuals who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. IN NO EVENT SHALL ROMARIN OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY’S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER COPA AIRLINES WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT SUCH DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
Payment online: Is your credit card number secure online?
We use the latest SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which ensures that any communications between your computer and us is unreadable by anyone else. Your details are communicated in a secure encrypted format and we can check that the information has not been tampered with in any way.
Most browsers have some type of indicator to let you know if you have established a secure connection. If you are not sure, then consult the help section of your browser. If your browser does not support SSL technology then we recommend that you update to the latest version.
When paying for international transactions or transactions performed outside of the country where you opened your credit card account, your financial institution may block or suspend your credit card until you contact them to confirm your account information. Therefore, to avoid problems while making a purchase on our website, gruporomarin.com, we recommend that you:
- Confirm all of the details of the credit card that you are going to use to make your purchase.
- Contact your financial institution before making an online purchase, in order to learn about all of the conditions that apply to purchases made outside of your country of residence, international purchases, and online purchases.
Romarin is not responsible if your financial institution refuses to authorize payment for your reservation.
Links to other Websites and their security and privacy policies
In our website, we also provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Please be aware that these sites may have different security & privacy policies and we have no control over and take no responsibility for any information submitted to these sites.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that holds a certain amount of data, which our website can send to your browser. It may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive and can be accessed by our web server. This cookie data can then be retrieved and can allow us to customize our web pages and services accordingly. It is important to clarify that cookies do not collect any personal data stored on your hard drive or computer.
Our website uses both persistent and session cookies:
- Persistent cookies are used to allow the website to recognize users when they return to the site and to remember certain information about their preferences. Persistent cookies are cookies that stay on your computer permanently, or until you manually delete them.
- Session cookies are used to allow customers to carry information across different pages of the website, without having to re-enter such information. These cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a website and go to another, or when you shut down your browser.
We have also developed relationships with carefully selected and monitored partners, who assist in the delivery of a high-quality website. Some of these partners may also set cookies during your visit to support the customization of advertisements that you may see elsewhere on the Internet, and/or in order to meet contractual obligations with us.
While these cookies do not store any personal details relating to you or your credit cards, please note that we do not have access to or control over the cookies and similar technologies that our partners may use.
Social Media third party cookies
How to control and delete cookies
Romarin complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Romarin does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without verifiable parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may contact us and we will remove such information and unsubscribe the child from any promotional contact opportunities.